Sunday, August 14, 2011

heat.


We’re trying this new thing where we don’t turn on the AC.  So far it’s been alright, we bought four fans and have them on all the time.  Although this very moment none of them are on, I’m just sitting next to the kitchen window, on our new kitchen table and chairs, feeling the nice breeze.  The wind comes from the west here, so that side of the house is nice and cool whereas the east side (my bedroom side) doesn’t get much of a breeze.  We want to add windows so that we can actually have a nice flow of wind throughout the house, but considering the sheetrock bends when we lean against it, I don’t think that’ll be a very good idea.
Sarah has been home for more than a week now, which makes this big empty house feel more like a home; despite the fact that it is still empty.  We’ve begun the painting process, we have painted Sarah’s room a nice earthy orange; I’ve painted half a wall a nice dark black (chalk wall!).  We still have much to go, but have all the paint!  We met a wonderful man named Oscar at the pulga who gave us such a deal!  Our color palate: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and black.  We’re going for a Central American/Mexican/rainbow house.  We bought some big pillows/cushions, suitcases, lamps, a wooden chest, fabric, rugs, all at the pulga and goodwill.  We also found a wonderful couch on the side of the road that is currently sitting outside waiting for the upholstery cleaner.  Slowly but surely this house will turn into a home! 
Enough about our home, let’s talk about the fact that in 8 days I am going to go into a class full of 5th graders as Ms. Avila.  I’ve decided to go by Avila and not Avila-Gallo because I have already experienced the teasing of 5th graders and roosters.  Plus in Texas they don’t even call you by your last name, just Miss, so I guess it doesn’t matter.  I went to go see my school for the first time this week, it made me scared poopless as well semi excited.  I hope these kids don’t actually find out that I don’t actually know what I’m doing.  Fake it till you make it.  I’m surely going to be faking it.  Fun fact, I went through some math training with my district and met a wonderful co-teacher who is new to elementary but has been teaching for 11 years.  I think I met my new best friend.  Also, I went out to lunch with some other teachers and our math mentor and he offered to help build our chicken coop!  I have full confidence in Annelisa chicken coop making skills, but it will be nice to have a man with tools! 
I’ve met three of my mentors so far.  It’s really great to have all this support. I’m sure going to need it! 
Welp, that’s all I gots for now.
Pictures to come soon.

Peace out.
-ceci

2 comments:

  1. Miss Ceci!! This is wonderful, please post pictures of the chicken coup as it comes into existence :) I can't wait to see how all your decor pans out also!!! Sounds so vibrant :) Love you so much and please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo quiero fotos!!!! porr favorrr. i love this blog. Y'ALL are great (you and momma). i´m happy to see that you are settling into married life well with your new wifey. what color is your fit? i´m glad you named it baby baluga because i have ALWAYS thought those cars look like whales. but i love them! i miss you so much! i can´t wait to see you. whenever that is. keep bloggin fool. i like yo styyyle

    ReplyDelete